Eight more days til Halloween. Today it’s a movie from 1979 called MIND OVER MURDER about a woman who has psychic flashes in which time bends like a spoon, horrible things happen, and the filmmakers prove, beyond the shadow of doubt, that they took a lot of acid in the 60s. Yes, it’s another television movie (my little weakness), but this one cranks up the suspense and pushes the envelope a bit more than most. It also has some very interesting visual effects -yet another example of how, in film, creativity minus money equals innovation.
- Happy Halloween, 2016: NOTES ON SUSPIRIA (Part One) – An Unhinged Reading of Dario Argento’s Masterpiece of Horror
- Happy Devil’s Night, 2016: A THIEF IN THE NIGHT (1972), A DISTANT THUNDER (1978), IMAGE OF THE BEAST (1981), & THE PRODIGAL PLANET (1983)
- 2 More Days ’til Halloween, 2016: MONKEYS IN THE ATTIC (1974) & GROWING UP IN AMERICA (1988)
- 3 More Days ’til Halloween, 2016: LITAN (1982)
- 4 More Days ’til Halloween: ATRAPADOS aka TRAPPED (1981)
nathanketcham on 25 Days ’til Halloween,… nathanketcham on 25 Days ’til Halloween,… Vickey on 25 Days ’til Halloween,… Steve on 7 More Days Until Halloween: T… nathanketcham on 7 More Days Until Halloween: T…